Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Your kiss, I miss. Why did you leave me?"

Max's Unlimited Chicken Promo. It speaks for itself. When my orgmate asked everyone in the org to eat at Max's, I was determined to get my money's worth (and more). I was planning on eating about 10 servings of the famous chicken. I knew about that much could fit in my stomach so I was excited. I initiated a contest on who could eat the most number of chicken and everyone agreed to join.

And so it began.

We finally arrived at Max's and we were all eager to eat our first one. I was so cocky saying to my orgmates who ordered rice, "Wala na matatalo kayo, may kanin pa kayo," and bit off a chunk of the enormous breast of the chicken on my greasy hand. I ate slower than how I'd usually eat which really surprised me. Disregarding my slow pace, I was still in the game. My strategy was not to drink any fluids so I wouldn't feel bloated right away. It worked until my third serving. I was already feeling the chickens filling my stomach. I had to drink from my glass of iced tea because my throat felt dry. That did it. I felt full right away, but I was still able to push myself to have my fourth one (para maka-boundary lang :p). After that, the sight of chicken disgusted me. Whenever the waiter arrives holding a basketful of chicken, I felt like vomiting. I wanted to test my gag reflex but it didn't work. Promises not to eat chicken ever again were made. One of my orgmates ate 7 servings of the fattest, in my opinion, chickens that ever lived (and died). Kudos to her! Respect was earned that night. My stomach felt insecure to hers and the others'. Damn stomach, you let me down!

The chicken extravaganza wasn't the only thing that made my night. I was with the people who I don't usually hang out with that often and I actually had a blast. I wasn't with the same crowd that I was hanging out with for the past years. I overlooked how awesome these people really are. There wasn't a moment when we did not laugh out loud and caught the attention of the people from the other table and the waiters. Jokes and laughters were exchanged as we were throwing bones of the chicken on a plate that already resembled a tiny mountain towards the end of the night. It was refreshing to hang out with the "kids". I guess we just always called them that because we didn't hang out with them long enough to actually see who they are as individuals and not who they are collectively. I have found out that they are not as innocent as they claim they are.

It was nice making someone realize that the more we hate, the more we love (and it's true... but me, the more I love, the more I love <3). It was nice to find out that banana ketchup, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce go together. ;p It was nice to have the feeling of satisfaction na naka-boundary ka na. It was cool to be able to laugh through your nose with ease and poise. It was amazing to find out that the record for the most serving of chicken was 14. And it was amazing that we were all able to eat 43 servings of chicken in 2 hours.

Singing "Halik" by Aegis from Quezon Circle to Philcoa was the perfect way to seal the night of the 9 undergrad students/Glee hopefuls and the 11 poor, helpless, and FAT chickens they devoured.

PS: I really miss doing crazy things like this with the-same-crowd-that-I-was-hanging-out-with-for-the-past-years. I hope to see you guys real soon. Perhaps in forever and a day?

2 comments:

  1. Binabasa ko ito, tas naririnig kita. TARAAAAY! May voice over ang blog mo!

    Tas narealize ko, imagination ko lang pala yun. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! winner! you're hearing voices... :p

    ReplyDelete