Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Thieves That Love to Steal

It's been a week and a half since the start of summer vacation. Since then, there's been a ginormous body print of myself on my bed. One that may probably be permanent. I came up with this wake-up-breakfast-sleep-lunch-sleep-TV-internet-dinner-watch-movies-slash-play-PC-games-midnight-snack-sleep(@around4am) Routine which i followed for 5 straight days. My body blew up like a balloon with Tungsten Hexafluoride gas (at room temperature). I didn't notice it because I was busy telling myself, "This is the life!"

The last time I saw my friends was the weekend before I started The Routine. I was preparing myself to miss them real bad. My clingy-ness and I are mortal enemies. I almost always can't stand being away from friends. Whenever we say goodbye to each other, I feel like they're taking something valuable from me that I always look forward to getting back. Before undergoing The Routine, I promised myself that I was going to hide that valuable thing where they cannot see and take it. It was the perfect plan because I was going to be away from my friends for a long time since summer's arrived. (I don't usually take summer classes because I believe that summer VACATION is made to be had. But that argument is not for here.)

During the first week until yesterday, I was proud of myself because I wasn't missing them that much. I hid it well, I thought. I wasn't texting anyone, "haymissyou" or the plain and sincere, "I miss you." I wasn't posting to anyone's Facebook wall as usual. I was detached to the world and was VERY proud of it. But then today came. I had to go to school because I was gonna get a new ID (my current ID has lost its purpose of being able to identify me), ask the Econ admin about my priority status next semester (breathes deeply), and attend an org meeting. I found myself not looking forward to doing and finish doing all those things. I was looking forward to going to our tambayan and seeing my friends. When I finally met up with them, I couldn't shut myself up, and at the same time, I didn't wanna shut them up. I wanted to talk and hang out with them until it is physically impossible for us to stand each other. Our org meeting lasted for almost 2 hours because I couldn't stop myself from reacting to every little thing that my friends said (sorry about that by the way). When it was time to say goodbye, I only hugged the person that I may not be able to see for a long time. I didn't feel the need to hug the others because I will see them again real soon. When I was in the car, I realized that I had missed them all along. I was just stopping myself from smothering them with cheesiness because I figured that a person who shows his/her emotions often can become a target to people who are more than ready to hurt him/her. Being so attached to people melts down your shield and makes you vulnerable to anything. Being too attached is like having AIDS. It attacks your immune system and messes it up real bad so a little bump or scratch can be real fatal to the person.


The Routine was the best distraction. That valuable thing that I thought I hid oh so well was actually with them all this time. And now I got it back again. From now on, I will hide that valuable thing where NO ONE can find it. I will set up traps and mazes, check up on it everyday to make sure that it won't be stolen again, and hope that I can actually keep this up. I will bury it real deep so people can have a hard time digging it up. I must keep my friends as far away from it as possible. Those scheming little thieves!

3 comments:

  1. <3 Gusto kong magreact ng matindi pero nauubo ako, nanginginig sa lamig at napoopoopoo. HAHAHA. <3 na lang uli. Akala ko mauunahan kita mag-post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. parang overshare naman ang napoopoopoo! bwahahaha! alam na 'yan! magpapasabog na sa CR ng malupet maya-maya! :p <3 din nalang ulit... ahahaha!

    ayeee, babasahin ko rin ung iyo maya-maya... habang nasa CR ka at nagpapasabog... :))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me, walang pagsabog na naganap. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete