Saturday, November 21, 2015

Now Playing: Don't Know Why by Norah Jones

I saw you a while ago. Right now I see your name with a green dot beside it.

I can't believe that until now you still make me nervous. You're like a ghost that I'm beginning to get used to. I don't wanna get used to that. I don't wanna get used to you floating around my head everytime.

You're like an open wound on my knee or elbow. The kind that's really hard to heal because it's at a place that's always moving and bending. The wound keeps re-opening and re-opening until it leaves a scar. A scar that will be there as long as you live.

There's a constant battle in my head. I'm beginning to get used to that as well. Constant bickering inside my head always before I sleep. I listen to the argument to justify what happened. I make myself believe that it was the right thing. And that's the only time I'm able to fall asleep.

Pride is such a pain. It's stupid and I wish it never existed. Like ghosts, open wounds, and voices in my head.

2 comments: