Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ode to the Sunset

Every time you are there, it makes my day.
It's a promise that everything's okay.
I look at you and forget the past.
What fills my mind is the shine you cast.

I don't mind the distance between us two.
From here, everyday, I'll worship you.
"Forever" always frightens me.
I shut my eyes, you're all I see.

No one can compete with your brightness.
You give more to all those who have less.
You are your brightest at noon.
Oftentimes, you make me swoon.

Repeatedly, you never fail,
Every minute you prevail.
When you're at your highest.
I am my happiest.

Suddenly, the sky turns pink,
You tire and you start to sink.
It poses a threat.
I dread the sunset.

Soon, all will disappear.
All will be left is fear.
Darkness will come.
Bring out the drum.

People must be warned.
Don't fret, it's unarmed.
Sunset's in.
Where's it been?

Is this our fate?
Morrow, I'll wait.
All days.
Always.

Goodbye now.
Keep our vow.
Fate.
Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment